Physiotherapy aims to relieve pain, while restoring normal movement patterns and prevent injury recurrence. Our physiotherapists assess and treat injuries of the musculoskeletal system, including common conditions such as:
- Sports Injuries: including joint sprains, soft tissue strains
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Postural and Ergonomic Issues (Ie desk workers neck, back)
- Shoulder pain
- Muscle and Joint Pain
- Post-operative Rehabilitation e.g Knee Reco, Joint Replacement
- Fracture Management
- Adolescent’s and Children’s Injuries
This is achieved through a number of manual therapy and exercise-based techniques:
- Soft tissue release techniques
- Joint Mobilisation and Manipulation
- Muscle Energy Techniques
- Dry Needling
- Exercise Therapy and Rehabilitation
- Motor Control training
- Muscle strength/endurance training
Our physiotherapists are members of the Australian Physiotherapy Association, ensuring ongoing professional development and an up-to -date knowledge base.
Our Physiotherapy consultations are claimable on-the-spot via the HICAPS system for those with the appropriate Private Health cover.
This includes the assessment, explanation and initial treatment of the injury. In general the treatment will involve a mix of ‘hands-on’ therapy such as deep tissue massage, mobilization or manipulation. As well as an exercise program to allow self-management and reduce the likelihood of injury recurrence.
A standard consultation for an injury that has been previously assessed at the clinic.
A longer consultation, for patients that require the treatment of two or more distinct areas or problems.