Exercise Rehabilitation aims to restore full functional capacity of an injured person. Traditionally, this is done through a therapeutic exercise program that includes exercise progressions that are graduated toward the functional goals of the individual.
Errol Street Physiotherapy Rehabilitation program involves:
- Thorough individualised assessment by an Exercise Rehabilitation Physiotherapist.
- Summary & explanation of main findings
- Collaborative goal setting (Physio/patient)
- Formation of an individualised rehabilitation program
- Initial 1:1 rehabilitation sessions, followed by integration into a rehabilitation class of 2-3 people.
The program time frame will vary, depending on specifics of the injury & individual progress. There will be ‘before & after’ measurements taken for each individual to ensure progress and goal setting is achieved.
This program is most appropriate for people suffering long term, chronic or recurrent injuries impacting their ability to achieve occupational, sporting or leisure activities. Common conditions managed include:
- Rehab post ACL reconstructive surgery
- Achilles Tendinopathy
- Chronic Lower Back Pain
- Shoulder Pain with Weights Training
As our exercise rehabilitation classes are run by a Physiotherapist the private health rebate can be claimed on-the-spot via the HICAPS system.
Initial rehab assessment:
Involves a 40min consult with a rehab physiotherapist which provides direction for the rehabilitation program.
1 on 1 rehab consultation:
A 40 min follow-up consultation with a rehab physiotherapist.
Rehab class ( 3 : 1 ):
A 40 minute class for those with a well-established rehab program. Supervised by a rehab physiotherapist